Hub for Asian Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the last movie did you watch?

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by kenzhi Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Looper - 7.5/10

Soso movie, had to rate it above 7...lots of vulgar language and I can't believe that an NC16 film has nudity in it.

Nowadays even PG13 have vulgarities...NC16 have nudity... This is a bad sign...
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by duizhang Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Cold War - 9.5/10

Ah Boys to Men - 8/10

Looking forward to rise of the guardians and the last tycoon Smile
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Rurouni Kenshin (浪客剑心) - 8/10

Yes, it is showing here in Singapore, only @Filmgarde cineplexes
(1) Kallang Leisure Park, (2) Iluma Bugis.

My wish for this century to be mostly one of peace evolution, tranquility, collaboration and unity, after the previous centuries of violent evolution, war, confrontation and chaos.

The heart of a sword can act as a symbol of deterrence; even though its blade is often one of blood and tears
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 am

Rise of the Guardians - 10/10

Love the 3D to the max Smile especially the white like star shaped crystal Smile the moral behind the story is really touching too

Perks of being a wallflower - 10/10

The 2nd english movie without subtitle that got me through without sleeping. I have to admit i always sleep during english movies, especially those without subtitles haha.

This one is really good, rotating about the life of a boy who experienced discrimination from his friends and how he went on to cope with his 'troubled' life.

The reason behind is very sad. Thankfully, its still on screen till my exams are over.

Overall, no regrets catching both movies, especially when they are the LAST to be screened across singapore cinemas.
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8.5/10
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 pm

The Grandmaster (一代宗師) - 9/10

What is the last movie did you watch? - Page 3 The_Grandmaster_poster(This image is credited to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki)
The Grandmaster(English)
一代宗師(中文)

In the movie:

Yip Man (Ye Wen)/葉問 played by Tony Leung(梁朝偉) is a wushu master who uses the Wing Chun/咏春拳.

Gong Yutian/宫羽田(宫寶森) played by Wang Qingxiang(王庆祥) is a wushu master from northeastern China that suppressed the various wushu factions and clans in that region and merges the Xingyiquan(形意拳) and Baguazhang(八卦掌) under his family banner. Ding Lianshan(丁连山) played by Zhao Benshan(赵本山) is his senior, who escaped to the south because of his involvement in the revolt against the Qing Dynasty as part of an assasination squad.

Gong Er/ 宫二(宮若梅) played by Zhang Ziyi(章子怡) is a wushu exponent who uses the Baguazhang(八卦掌), which has 8x8=64 variations of strokes and is originated from Taoist and Buddhist masters. She is the daughter of Gong Yutian and junior to Ma San.

Ma San(馬三) played by Zhang Jin(張晉) is a wushu exponent who uses the Xingyiquan(形意拳), which uses the five classical Chinese elements to metaphorically represent five different states of combat. He is a disciple of Gong Yutian and senior to Gong Er.

Yixiantian(一线天) played by Chang Chen(張震) is a wushu exponent and a spy agent for the Guomingtang who uses the Bajiquan(八极拳).

More on the various Chinese martial arts styles:
Wing Chun
Baguazhang
Xingyiquan
Bajiquan
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3