Hub for Asian Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the last movie did you watch?

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by kenzhi Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Snow White and the Huntsman - 7/10

Started off very exciting but gets boring and predictable later on. Very imaginative though.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by kenzhi Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Madagascar 3 - 7/10

Short but quite entertaining. Some parts really funny!
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 pm

The Amazing Spider-man - 10/10

Very hard to rate this movie...this movie may not be the best movie I seen but I would give it a 10 because of the emotional scenes and good acting. I almost cried...lots of touching scenes. Really love the part where his girlfriend holding the umbrella just turn around without saying a word.

This movie may not be as entertaining as muppets but I really like this kind of well-acted emotional movie.

10/10
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Dark knight rises - 8.5/10

A very cool movie.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Total recall 7/10

Rose abit of interes but ridiculous and seems like a typical movie that can be found 5 yrs ago.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Bourne Legacy - 8/10

Brilliant.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:21 am

Brave 7/10

Problem with this movie is there is no climax!!!! Very bland and boring...the only good thing about this movie is the message. I am very generous giving it a 7...movies without a climax deserve at most 6, giving 7 cause I like the message and I like the phrase " legends are lessons learnt from the past"
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 pm

The Watch - 8/10

Entertaining but not the kind of movies suitable for me.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 pm

The Cold Light Of Day. 4/10

Simply ridiculous. The movie gets worse and worse...trying to pass this movie but can't...an absolute failure.

Many unnecessary scenes, many things that dun make sense, and lots of question marks ???? Title has no link to movie as well...really terrible.

Yawning throughout the movie...I must be really kind to give a 4.

I can't even think one good thing about the movie...really nonsense.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - 7.5/10

Very funny and enjoyable! Adults can watch this too to relax and enjoy the numerous funny scenes Smile A recommended to watch movie.

Step Up Revolution - 7/10

Good camera angle and shadow/lighting effects. A pity the poor acting displayed. I would give it 6 overall but gave 7 because the shadow/lighting effects were excellent. Only recommended for people who love to see pretty faces.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 am

Madagascar 3 - 7/10
Movie targeted towards kids.. But watched it as a form of relaxation. Overall, effects and storyline quite meaningful.

The Amazing Spiderman - 9.5/10
Touching scenes especially the girl and the main lead (spiderman).. Would have been better if it has 3D

Dark Knight Rises - 9/10
Quite a long movie.. Draggy at the front, but gets rather exciting and interesting at the back. Felt that the bad guy character is a bit scary and taunting. Overall, still okay Smile

The Cold Light Of Day - 3.5/10
Total joke.. I wonder how this movie made it to top 2 on worldwide movie charts lol

Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - 8.5/10
Quite enjoyable and lively movie.. Good for family outings

Imperfect - 8/10
Normal movie with expected storyline.. Could have be slightly longer, felt that the ending was quite rush

Looking forward to Rise of the Guardians, The Scent, The Assassins, The Bullet Vanishes and Skyfall 007 Smile
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:50 pm

The Four (四大名捕) - 6/10
- As part of a trilogy, it is average and could have done with better tension, drama & thrills, given its good cast.

The Expendables 2 - 6/10
- Old school action with lots of entertainment and little substance.
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Oh I forgot

The Expendables 2 - 5/10

Didn't want to watch this movie at all. I hate this kind of movies but my friends wanted to watch it. So had no choice. It's better than cold light of day though....LOL
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Step Up Revolution - 6/10
- Props up for the professional dancers and choreographers in this dance movie, the direction of the movie should have been much greater.
(PS: The "Flash mob" invasion scenes look good & artistic in sunny Miami setting; check with the relevant authorities and agencies here if one wishes to organise one of similar scale and expressive nature)

Some professional choreographers in the movie:
Mia Michaels (Olivia) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mia_Michaels)
Christopher Scott - Hair (House of Pirates/The MSA Crew) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Scott_%28choreographer%29)

Some professional dancers in the movie:
Kathryn McCormick (Emily) - SYTYCD Season 6 (3rd place) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_McCormick)
Adam G.Sevani (Moose) (Leader, House of Pirates crew) - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_G._Sevani)
Misha Gabriel (Eddy) - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misha_Gabriel)
Stephen "tWitch" Boss (Jason) - SYTYCD Season 4 (Runner-Up)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_%22tWitch%22_Boss)
Chadd "Madd Chadd" Smith (Vladd) (House of Pirates crew)
Phillip "Pacman" Chbeeb (of MOB) - SYTYCD Season 5 & ABDC Season 6 champion(I.aM.mE crew)
Justin "Jet Li" Valles (of MOB) - ABDC Season 5 champion (Poreotix crew)
Celestina Aladekoba (of MOB) - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestina_Aladekoba)
Ceasare "Tight Eyez" Willis (of MOB)
Mari Koda (Kido) - (House of Pirates crew)
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 pm

The Paranorman - 8.5/10

Seriously draggy at the front for like 30min or so? before moving on to the exciting parts lol.. almost gave it a fail until the ending was really really well done Smile

Morals to be learnt, good for family outings and of course, for adults who want to have a relaxation time off their busy lifestyle haha Smile

The part where the zombies vanished one by one had really good effects and the part where the main lead held the hand of the 'female' zombie was very touching..

Looking forward to Rise of the Guardians 3D (nov), The Assassins (end sept), The Bullet Vanishes and Skyfall 007

Last edited by duizhang on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 pm

ParaNORMAN 6.0+ 2.5 = 8.5 overall

8.5/10

6.0 for being boring and jokes meant for kids in the beginning of the show.

But the ending was so good that I am giving a bonus 2.5. The scene and effects at the ending part was very well done. It was not only touching but the show conveys a good and clear message for all of us that we can learn from.

I want to be friends with Norman in real life lol. He is not only brave but matured in terms of his thinking. Even though he is afraid, he never forsakes his responsibility.

Definitely worth a watch even just for the ending part of the show - which was sufficiently long.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm

The Thieves (Korean with English & Chinese subtitles) - 7/10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thieves

2nd highest grossing movie in Korean film history. Friendships, love, betrayals, double-crossing, undercover, robbery heists, gun fights, brutal executions, police, mafia ... all mixed into one.
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:38 am

The Fierce Wife 犀利人妻最终回 . 幸福男 不难 - 9/10

Quite touching for some scenes, overall highly recommended, especially so if u caught the serial on tv

There is a twist at the end
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Resident Evil: Damnation - 8/10
(Biohazard: Damnation, in Japan)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Damnation

features storyline of Leon S. Kennedy & Ada Wong, Tyrants, Undeads etc. It is very much better than the live-action movie.

(Preview) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9o0hu3W2IQ
Movie theme song by Anna Tsuchiya [土屋 アンナ] - Carry On -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrnOWzRx8g

What is the last movie did you watch? - Page 2 Resident-evil-damnation-movie-watch-anime-online-image-banner-e1348427122685
(This image is credited to http://www.animetip.com)
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:19 pm

The Assassins - 7/10

i duno how and what to comment..

the command of chinese language required is above average, if not, u wont understand the movie totally lol
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:32 pm

The Assassins - 7/10

kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:49 am

The Assassins (銅雀臺) - 7/10

The demise of Cao Cao, leading to the end of the late Eastern Han dynasty, where Emperor Xian was forced to abdicate and Cao Pi proclaimed himself Emperor of Wei (Cao-Wei dynasty).

In the end, the assassination attempts on Cao Cao would have meant little to change the context of the ruling authority in court, as was the futile attempt of restoring Han dynasty to its previous glory state.

Part of a planned trilogy (銅雀臺 - Cao Cao) and in my personal opinion/speculation (五丈原 - Zhuge Liang) & of another prominent person and place/structure/artifact from the 3 Kingdoms era.
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Premium Rush - 5/10

One of the most boring movies I ever watched. Got bored like 10mins after the show start to the end. Nothing exciting at all.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:52 am

Looper - 8/10
(NC16) - Some violence & coarse langauge

Science fiction film that was not too dull with the physics and delivered smartly to the audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looper_%28film%29
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 pm

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - 10/10

The control for this movie is great. Every scene was just nice, not overdoing it.

The best thing is that almost all of us can relate to this movie.

Wallflowers will love this movie.

The best movie to date.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next