Hub for Asian Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to 新加坡金曲奖?

5 posters

Go down

What happened to 新加坡金曲奖? Empty What happened to 新加坡金曲奖?

Post by faithpig Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:21 am

It was supposed to be a milestone year for the award ceremony as 2016 marks the 20th time the ceremony will be held to commemorate the efforts by our artistes from the Chinese Music industry.

But it's November and there has not been any news or a single sound of the pin dropping.

This is nothing surprising as the number of listeners for these radio stations have fallen significantly. If you are still listening to Mandarin pop, consider yourself the rarest of the human species alive.

faithpig
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Back to top Go down

What happened to 新加坡金曲奖? Empty Re: What happened to 新加坡金曲奖?

Post by xH Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:00 am

oh ya if u didnt say i did not even notice. what happened man.

xH
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by feliciacat83 Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:36 am

Did they host GCMA this year? If they did, they usually skip their own awards right? But anyway, it's just a pork-distributing award, absolutely no standing in the industry, so better save that money

feliciacat83
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hijack91 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:32 pm

i'm glad that they stopped it. this thing is so predictable and such a waste of time and resources; everytime it is stef sun/jj lin winning it's like reserved for them. same thing for LHB i hope they close it down too.

but i definitely think there are still plenty of mandarin music listeners around. kpop has been so formulaic and uncreative, i'm not surprised most of my friends who switched over to kpop when the craze hit stopped some time ago. honestly, i'm better off listening to hokkien, cantonese and mandarin songs from the 90's recently.

hijack91
Advance Member
Advance Member

Back to top Go down

Post by feliciacat83 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:36 pm

hijack91 wrote:but i definitely think there are still plenty of mandarin music listeners around. kpop has been so formulaic and uncreative, i'm not surprised most of my friends who switched over to kpop when the craze hit stopped some time ago. honestly, i'm better off listening to hokkien, cantonese and mandarin songs from the 90's recently.

not really true haha, I would argue that there are still quite good music from the Chinese music arena, just that if you listen to this station, you don't get the good music, you get sugar pop trash.

feliciacat83
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ceddybear Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 pm

i also hope 933 LHB close down.

its always jj/stef on the chartsand some random debuts.

still dont understand why songs like Play我呸,怪胎秀,床边故事,贼 cant enter the chart and why songs like 你好不好,痛快,这样你还要爱我吗 can like 4-out or 5-out.. and almost all jj/stef songs can enter and do well. fine i know its a singapore chart.

I started listening since 2002. its a pity to say that the chart has officially died in my heart when 2014 annual top and second goes to stef.

joke to other countries when they see our professional radio chart. pfft

ceddybear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum