Hub for Asian Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throwbacks!

3 posters

Go down

Throwbacks! Empty Throwbacks!

Post by angsterslover Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Reminiscing something and wanna share it? This is the place for such things. Feel free to post your Throwbacks here!
angsterslover
angsterslover
Advance Member
Advance Member

Back to top Go down

Throwbacks! Empty Re: Throwbacks!

Post by Inachi Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:51 pm

When I was a kid, the National Day Parade was held either at the Padang or the National Stadium.  Each time it was held at the Padang, my aunt would book a room at the then Westin Stamford and gather all the relatives to watch the NDP live from the hotel room.  I remember all were at high spirits and proud when the 2 helicopters carrying the state flag flew past right in front of us.  I would jump and clap and wave to the pilots as they flew past.

We'll be celebrating Singapore's 50th anniversary of independence next year. I'd wanted to relive my childhood memories to watch the NDP live when it was last held at the Padang, but it was too late by the time I booked in May.  So, this time, I kiasu and called the hotel a month ago to put me on the priority booking list when the NDP package is out ....... hehehe.....

R E S E R V A T I O N    C O N F I R M A T I O N

Dear Ms  xxxxx

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore. While you are here, we hope you will be able to experience all that Singapore has to offer. Below, please find your reservation confirmation number and additional details.

Best Regards,

Joel Ng
Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore

Confirmation # xxxxxx
First Name xxxxxx
Last Name xxxxxx
Arrival Date Saturday, 01 Aug, 2015
Arrival Time What time should we expect you?
Departure Date Sunday, 02 Aug, 2015
Number Of Nights 1
Number Of Adults 2
Room Type Classic Harbour View Double

I had wanted to book for 9 Aug, but it's really too costly.  The package for the actual day is a standard booking for 2 nights' stay at $1965.50 ++ while the preview day is at $750 ++.  Times have changed, back then in the 80s, my aunt booked for one night on the actual day at $80.50 ++ (at staff price cos she was a staff there).
Inachi
Inachi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by angsterslover Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Throwback picture 101!

Throwbacks! 3

The time when i was a fangirl of these two:) They made my world go round! haizzzt I love you
angsterslover
angsterslover
Advance Member
Advance Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Inachi Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I miss the old mcs forum, a place that left me with lots of fond memories.  A place where I met my online sis and dearie, brother Seth, my mentor, kenzhi, duizhang, bunso shine, the Felicians and many more.  I was a sweet young thing when I joined the forum ..... erm ..... is 23 considered a sweet young thing??

That reminds of a date with my dearie to meet up in 50 years time Embarassed

Throwbacks! 2qunrd5
Inachi
Inachi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by angsterslover Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Inachi wrote:I miss the old mcs forum, a place that left me with lots of fond memories.  A place where I met my online sis and dearie, brother Seth, my mentor, kenzhi, duizhang, bunso shine, the Felicians and many more.  I was a sweet young thing when I joined the forum ..... erm ..... is 23 considered a sweet young thing??

That reminds of a date with my dearie to meet up in 50 years time  Embarassed

Throwbacks! 2qunrd5

I remember that forum too.. That was the forum where i found an article about Angela and I Reposted it in another forum without knowing that the owner is also a member of both forums! It was really shameful in my part but Good thing we became friends by then:) And because of him, i met you Ate:) haha..

For me, Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter, if you feel young then feel it:D and that dearie thing of yours is cool ate! I hope i can find one also:) haha..
angsterslover
angsterslover
Advance Member
Advance Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Inachi Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:42 pm

you must be referring to kenzhi Razz

Reposting articles elsewhere is nothing shameful lah, I'll do that too if I find something worth sharing.
Inachi
Inachi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by angsterslover Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Inachi wrote:you must be referring to kenzhi Razz

Reposting articles elsewhere is nothing shameful lah, I'll do that too if I find something worth sharing.

haha.. hmmm.. yeah! coz i forgot to put credits Embarassed
angsterslover
angsterslover
Advance Member
Advance Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Successor Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Inachi wrote:I miss the old mcs forum, a place that left me with lots of fond memories.  A place where I met my online sis and dearie, brother Seth, my mentor, kenzhi, duizhang, bunso shine, the Felicians and many more.  I was a sweet young thing when I joined the forum ..... erm ..... is 23 considered a sweet young thing??

That reminds of a date with my dearie to meet up in 50 years time  Embarassed

Throwbacks! 2qunrd5

That dates back so long ago. And to think MCS forums have been shut down for years already. Now MCS no more forums already.

When you kiss someone for a minute, you both burn about 2.6 calories.

According to that math, it would take about an hour of kissing to burn 156 calories. A person who runs for 45 at a 10mph pace burns 538 calories. Which one would you rather do?

I would rather kiss a person for 6 hours instead =)
Successor
Successor
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://celebs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Successor Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Anyway gone were the days when we were young. I was ignorant back when this forum was created. Had many regrets of things I didn't get to do when I was younger also.

When you kiss someone for a minute, you both burn about 2.6 calories.

According to that math, it would take about an hour of kissing to burn 156 calories. A person who runs for 45 at a 10mph pace burns 538 calories. Which one would you rather do?

I would rather kiss a person for 6 hours instead =)
Successor
Successor
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://celebs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum