Hub for Asian Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the last movie did you watch?

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? Empty What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by kenzhi Sun May 02, 2010 8:34 pm

haha i went to watch ip man 2 and iron man 2.

ip man 2 cannot compare to the first one in terms of action. But it is quite funny. Fei bo Laughing i give it 6.5/10

As for iron man 2, its so boring...only the last part was nice. Reminds me of clash of titans. Rolling Eyes I will have to give it a 5.5/10.

Haha, still so far...for this year I like "How to train your Dragon(3D)" best...followed by "Alice in wonderland(2D) both which i rated an extremely high score of 9/10"
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? Empty Re: What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by kenzhi Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Wooo! I watched so many movies these few weeks!

Lets start with puss-in-boots. I went to watch the movie with a neutral mindset...end up leaving the theatre utterly disappointed. I didn't expect it to be that bad. It was downright one of the most boring and ridiculous movie I ever seen. I was yawning and looking at my watch countless times. Until now...I dun see how it gets good ratings...

My rating : 5.0/10.0 Just passable.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

What is the last movie did you watch? Empty Re: What is the last movie did you watch?

Post by kenzhi Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Next is happy feet 2.

Hmm...I love penguins so I was quite eager to catch this movie. It started out fine with cute penguins. The details was also really good...especially the shrimps...it was very well done. The whole movie had lots of singing and there were like 2 outstanding songs but others were just not my cup-of-tea. The problem with this movie is that is confines to the same location over and over again which makes it really boring. It was such a pity...this movie had lots of potential to be a great one as the details were really well done...maybe a better storyline with a few more scenes at different places will help...as well as replacing some songs with better ones...

Overall I describe this movie as NICE(detailed) but BORING(storyline?need more locations?).

MY rating: 5.5/10.0 Kids may enjoy this movie.

Last edited by kenzhi on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Then we come to The muppets! I did not plan to watch this movie but my friend wanted to watch it.

So there I was neutral again...and then the movie started. It started out well with a song so catchy and nice it makes me happy XD. Then it continues...I am like wow...more songs were played...more wow from me. I couldn't believe what I saw and listened. THIS MOVIE WAS THE BOMB. ALL the songs were nice and not only that...IT WAS SO ENTERTAINING I DID NOT LOOK AT MY WATCH AT ALL! THROUGHOUT the entire movie I felt so attached to the movie...it was like WOW...superbly well done. Never did I expect such a good performance by the muppets. I left the movie feeling not only happy, pleasantly surprised but rewarding for some reason.

THIS IS A MUST WATCH MOVIE. THE BEST MOVIE FOR THIS YEAR for me...

RAting: 9.0 /10.0 <--Its that good...be sure to watch it or you will be missing lots...i mean LOTS.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:33 pm

MI 4.

Yes...I catched this movie already.

Nothing much to review except the best part of the move was the stunt outside the building. When he was going back to the building...well not spoiling the movie but this part my heart skipped a beat. But that was the best part of the movie. The rest of the movie wasn't bad but wasn't spectacular as well.

It is what I call an average movie which is not bad but isn't remarkable or special...just normal...you can miss this movie if you want...

My rating: 6.5/10.0 A typical, average movie.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

MI 4 (Rating - 8/10)

Alvin and the Chipmunks (rating - 7.5/10)
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Oh I forgot about tintin!

This movie was relatively nice. 7/10
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:23 pm

A compilation:

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (7/10)

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (7/10)

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (7/10)
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Sherlock Holmes: A game of shadows

Started off boring but gradually build up later on the movie. Slowly become more interesting with links here and there. Especially liked the part in the forest...was so cool Very Happy The effects...very well done.

Overall the movie was nice and deserve a watch =)

8/10. Oh but if you haven watch muppets then its better to watch muppets because that movie is THE BOMB! lol hahahahah.
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 am

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (rating - 8.5/10)

i think my rating super lax haha

i love the part where things got intensified (forest).. and the parts where the evidences flashed past

love the way the scenes were set Smile

and the ending was a plus point too!
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Inachi Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:17 pm

kenzhi wrote: Then we come to The muppets! I did not plan to watch this movie but my friend wanted to watch it.

THIS IS A MUST WATCH MOVIE. THE BEST MOVIE FOR THIS YEAR for me...

RAting: 9.0 /10.0 <--Its that good...be sure to watch it or you will be missing lots...i mean LOTS.
Woah, your rating so good, I'm so tempted to watch, but not showing at vivo already, only at Lido Cineplex.

May take leave to go and watch tomorrow morning... only one show at 10.20 am.
Inachi
Inachi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:43 pm

only lido have leh..

i also trying hard to find time to fit
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

The Muppets - 8/10 (A movie & a musical at the same time)

The Muppets (film)

(Reviews from Rotten Tomatoes - 90+% approval)
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by Inachi Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - 9/10

A very thrilling movie from start to end. I was like glued to the seat with my heart pounding and fists clenching especially the part where Tom Cruise was hanging off Dubai’s tallest building. My heart went like a roller coaster, controlling my scream as and when Cruise was like falling off the building.

A movie not to be missed, must watch.

What is the last movie did you watch? 15yatco

What is the last movie did you watch? 2e2kupv
Inachi
Inachi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 pm

wa this part is the most exciting part.. i was so worried for the main lead haha

Turning Point 2 (Laughing Gor Returns) - Rating (8.5/10)

definitely better than the first one.. the psychology part was the best and unmemorable one Smile

looking at how different types of psychology theories were being implemented on the different roles, made the movie most exciting

one of which was transferable psychology, which was used by one of the main leads in committing crimes
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Hugo - (9/10)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_%28film%29 (Hugo film: wiki)
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Chronicle -
This movie is really different from others...somehow I dunno why they have to use a video camera to film everything? Its simply ridiculous like almost every character in the movie has a video camera and wants to use it??? Anyway a rather short movie that has a simple message, bad people always die. lol. I didn't enjoy this movie, its really disturbing and should be given a higher rating instead of PG 13. Oh, this movie is unpredictable but in a ridiculous way. Like seriously, they ended just like that? Is a good thing I only paid $6 for it or I would want a refund. Laughing

4/10
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:08 am

Love. (6.5/10)

Started off well but have lots of room for improvements. Having many famous actors/actresses/singer may be a plus point but the story of the 3 couples are too unrealistic. They tried to end everything positive and good but in real life the probability of that happening is close to 0. Furthermore, they really need to add more songs and something drastic(stand-out/shocker/twist) to the show. This movie is really forgetable and predictable...but has some funny scenes. Smile
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 pm

The Hunger Games (8/10)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games_%28film%29 (The Hunger Games film: wiki)
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Love - 7.5/10

The Hunger Games - cannot be rated, cos no matter how i rate it, it will be unfair to the producer cos its simply too good to be rated Smile

cannot wait for the next 2 books to be screened
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:14 pm

The Hunger Games (8/10)

It is a nice movie overall. Slightly disappointed with the ending...was expecting more...especially the scene when they wanted to commit suicide together...there could be more improvements in that scene. Maybe they did not have enough time and was rushing to end the movie...

Except for the ending, the rest of the movie is nice. Smile Love the part when they came out together riding in flames. =D And when the guy painted his face to look like the stoney ground. That was hilarious =D Though the love part and kissing scene seems irrelevant...it provides some laughter when they show the other guy looking at them. xD
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Perfect 2 - 8.5/10

It was a good pairing between zai zai and ella

It was even a better pairing between xiao xiao bin and that little girl

Their acting were really natural and the last part of the movie touched me deeply Smile

Last edited by duizhang on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAM with mE Live @ 78 Fri May 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Marvel's The Avengers - 8.5/10

This is a good start for a new movie series .... Iron Man 3 & Thor 2 coming up.
JAM with mE Live @ 78
JAM with mE Live @ 78
Member Plus
Member Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by duizhang Fri May 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Marvel's The Avengers - 8.5/10

not bad overall
duizhang
duizhang
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzhi Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Avengers - 7/10

Love the hulk scenes!!! =)
kenzhi
kenzhi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next